Monday, 16 July 2012

A Love Letter to My Body

Dear Body, 


 Most of the time I don't think you're fat, and I don't believe you're weak. You're almost perfect, but there are some things I would like to change about you. Some things i would tweak. If i wasn't so afraid, surgery would be an option. My bellybutton perhaps. 


 I rarely think of how you feel, instead I focus on how I feel inside of you. How you make me feel....a give and take relationship...you give by looking your best, and I take all the credit for it. I give nothing back....not much love and care when I abuse you with unhealthy food followed by complaints of how you sometimes threaten to display the way I've abused you in the form of "belly fat". 


 I sometimes allow you to be used as a trophy, sometimes dare I say a sexual object, when you are worth so much more than that. How is your appearance connected to my emotions, my thoughts, my peace and joy? The answer is, it isn’t. Rather: 


 “The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, my strength, my rock, my God, my rock in whom I take refuge, my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. “ (Psalm 18:2) 


 You are a reflection of a blessing from God and a vehicle that I can use to glorify Him...my legs to walk, my mouth to talk. To do His will and reflect His light, in reaching out and loving other people, His creation. Exchanging with others how He created us perfectly, inside (mind, soul and spirit), and out (body). 


 “So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.” (Genesis 1:27) 


 “Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship. Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is —his good, pleasing and perfect will.” (Romans 12:1-2) 


 Love from Me


Image courtesy of http://www.facebook.com/christianfanpage




(This post is a contribution to the SheLoves Magazine "A Love Letter to my Body" challenge).

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing your Love Letter ... I'm so happy the synchroblog inspired you to start writing! Wonderful. Looking forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete